Getting Started in Genealogy Part I: The Basics
Interested in researching your roots, but not sure about where or how to begin? This Webinar will walk you through the basic steps to you’ll need to get started in genealogy including how to build a family tree, what genealogical software programs are available, how to properly document and cite your sources, and how to effectively use the internet and traditional research techniques to locate your ancestors.
Designed specifically for beginners. Learn about the wonderful world of genealogy!
Saturday, March 12, 2011 1:00 PM EST (90 Minutes)
Silent Voices: Tips and Tricks for Tracing Female Ancestors
While most historical records have been created for and are about men, making it more challenging to research the women in your family tree. In this webinar you’ll learn about key records for locating maiden names, as well as some unique resources pertaining to women, and the importance of documenting your female ancestors, including many suggestions for how to create meaningful lasting tributes to their lives.
Celebrate Women’s History Month by learning how to research your female lines!
Saturday, March 19, 2011 webinar (90 Minutes)
Life Stories: How to Write a Compelling Family History Narrative
Genealogy is so much more than just the collection of names, dates, and places. You don’t have to be a professional writer to write a compelling family narrative. Learn about key techniques and tools to document your ancestors’ lives, or your own life story.
Don”t let charts and facts overwhelm you. Discover your creative muse and tell a story your relatives will want to read!
Saturday, March 26, 2011 (90 Minutes)
About the Presenter:
Lisa A. Alzo is a freelance writer, instructor, and internationally recognized lecturer, specializing in Slovak/Eastern European genealogical research, writing your family history, and using the Internet to trace female and immigrant ancestors. She is the author of nine books and numerous magazine articles.
How it Works:
- Webinars are presented online using GoToMeeting®, a product of Citrix Systems, Inc. of Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. Citrix is a leader in providing online meeting and training solutions for businesses and individuals
- After registering participants receive a confirmation email containing information about logging in to the webinar. Only the first 100 who click to enter are accepted.
- Reminders will be sent via e-mail before the scheduled Webinar.
- Attendees access/join the Webinar by clicking on the link in their confirmation or reminder emails.
- Attendees are directed to download the Citrix GoToMeeting software interface for the Webinar (high-speed Internet access recommended). Each Webinar has a unique ID.
- Each Webinar is free. There is no cost to attend.
- Handouts may be available either free or for a nominal fee (details to come).
- No technical support or assistance will be provided during the session.
- Archived versions of the Webinars will be available for purchase on CD after the Webinar has concluded (details to come).
- Selected archived versions may be available periodically for open viewing at http://www.lisaalzo.com.
Required: Windows® 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server
Required: Mac OS® X 10.4.11 (Tiger®) or newer
Please note: No technical support will be provided during the Webinar. Attendees should test their audio equipment ahead of time before the date of the Webinar. For assistance, visit the GoToWebinar Support Center